POSITION: Custom Builds & Repair Assistant, Handy Person
WORK SCHEDULE: Must be available Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm, 30 hours/week
RATE OF PAY: $22.00/hour. You will be paid bi-weekly.
WHO WE ARE:
We are Bespoke Decor, Habitat and Calikko!
Bespoke Decor is a growing design and rental company based in Vancouver. We design and serve hundreds of film productions & events ranging from weddings to large corporate production. We are a small but mighty team taking on over more than 800 events annually. We give a damn about our clients and work hard to provide great service, high quality items and thoughtful design.
Habitat is one of our sister companies and was established in September of 2020. Bespoke though known for designing beautiful events, Habitat alternatively was created to provide design services for homes. Our services are provided throughout the lower mainland from a tiny condo to a large home, this includes home staging, home styling, interior decorating and air bnb turnkey service.
Lastly, Calikko is our 2nd sister retail company and was established in March of 2021. Bespoke and Habitat are both in the business of providing rentals, Calikko is our retail business. Calikko provides home goods and essentials that you can purchase for your home/ office. We currently provide service throughout the lower mainland but eventually we will be providing services throughout Canada.
We put a lot of effort into hiring the best people to care for and embrace our culture. We are looking for team members who are optimistic, willing to hustle, sweep, and get the job done! All while maintaining a friendly, positive attitude and putting kindness above all else.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for someone who enjoys & excels in building props, backdrops, painting, staining and also fixing them, this includes furniture such as: couches, chairs, bars, tables, arches, backdrops, props etc. This includes restructuring furniture to ensure stability and safety as well as look and quality. This position requires knowledge of carpentry, general furniture repair, as well as safe and proper use of all tools. This is a labour intensive position requiring heavy lifting, and use of machinery (drills, saws, blades etc.)
Your position will require you to work alongside the Warehouse Team (Creative Projects Manager, Inventory Manager, Warehouse Manager, Packer & Restocker) & Management Team to ensure smooth operations for damages and incoming/outgoing orders.
Your role will primarily be caring for and repairing damaged inventory.
THE DUTIES REQUIRED:
- Main Task: Restoring and repairing damaged furniture as assigned (couches, chairs, tables, bars, back drop, light fixtures etc.)
- Assisting the Creative Projects Manager with buying & picking up supplies
- Assisting in building custom builds and props
- Assisting onsite for custom builds & props installations
- Communicate with the Warehouse Team, Management Team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients
- Applies and follows Warehouse damage procedures & protocols.
- Maintaining a clean, safe working environment
- Completing tasks as required and additional projects as assigned
THE MUST-HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- REQUIREMENT: Acquire and wear steel-toe boots/ shoes at all times in the warehouse.
- MANDATORY: Excellent general knowledge of tools & power tools
- Excellent knowledge of materials and lumber grades
- Math skills in order to be able to measure, shape, and cut the materials
- Knowledge of building and installing different structures
- Time management and prioritization to ensure all damages are finished on time to be sent out on orders
- Show advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to self start and work with minimal supervision
- Have the ability to read, understand, and produce technical drawings
- Understands ladder, lifting and material handling and safety
- Most importantly to have a high attention to details and very high levels of manual dexterity
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Interact at a high level of professionalism with clients and colleagues to build and maintain positive, supportive and respectful relationships
- Must be organized and flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Thoughtful and resourceful in stressful situations
- Ability to safely lift delicate and heavy furniture
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment, especially to last minute changes and capable of creating solutions
Please note: this is a labor intensive position, so you must be physically able to work on your feet while lifting heavy objects for a 8+ hour shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Say hey! Please send an email via email@example.com to introduce yourself, send over a resume and any details you think we should know.
No phone calls or drop-ins please. Only shortlisted candidates will be called.