Position: Delivery Truck Driver
Rate of Pay: $25/hour daytime (6AM – 10PM) and $37.50/hour nighttime (10:01PM-5:59AM) and/or overtime.
Who we are:
We are Bespoke Decor, Habitat and Calikko!
Bespoke Decor is a growing design and rental company based in Vancouver. We design and serve hundreds of film productions & events ranging from weddings to large corporate production. We are a small but mighty team taking on over more than 800 events annually. We give a damn about our clients and work hard to provide great service, high quality items and thoughtful design.
Habitat is one of our sister companies and was established in September of 2020. Bespoke though known for designing beautiful events, Habitat alternatively was created to provide design services for homes. Our services are provided throughout the lower mainland from a tiny condo to a large home, this includes home staging, home styling, interior decorating and air bnb turnkey service.
Lastly, Calikko is our 2nd sister retail company and was established in March of 2021. Bespoke and Habitat are both in the business of providing rentals, Calikko is our retail business. Calikko provides home goods and essentials that you can purchase for your home/ office. We currently provide service throughout the lower mainland but eventually we will be providing services throughout Canada.
We put a lot of effort into hiring the best people to care for and embrace our culture. We are looking for team members who are optimistic, willing to hustle, sweep, and get the job done! All while maintaining a friendly, positive attitude and putting kindness above all else.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a kick-ass co-worker to assist us in deliveries, late night retrievals and various projects and cleaning around the warehouse as assigned. That means doing deliveries and retrievals, and helping to keep our life organized in the warehouse and in transport.
We are a small business which means we need people that are are willing to wear many hats and perform various duties.
You will be the face of our company on deliveries. We are looking for someone who cares about legendary customer service with a passion for providing exceptional client experiences. This includes a professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication. Even our purple truck says “be kind” 😉
You will work closely with the warehouse manager, logistics manager, owner, rentals manager, set-up coordinator and designers working around the clock on events.
This position would include (but not be limited to) the following:
- General warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Loading, unloading and moving inventory by hand, dolly, or basic material handling
- Verifying orders as described on packing slips/delivery notifications
- Organize and load orders on trucks
- Safely drive and deliver in vehicles sizing up to 26’
- Perform vehicle inspections (such as checking fluids)
- Communicate with the Warehouse Manager and Office Team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients.
- Wedding, Event, Home Staging, & Interior Decor simple set ups (including, but not limited to: loading, unloading, packing/unpacking items, setting up arches, backdrops, assembling furniture pieces, such as beds, couches, chairs, tables, desks, shelving, etc.)
- Wedding, Event, Home Staging & Interior Decor tear down (carefully disassembling, & re-packing decor, loading & unloading).
We want you to find a home here. Come into the position and make it your own! You will be trusted, highly valued and recognized in your work.
The Skills Required:
- Valid BC class 5 driver’s license (no special licence required for our size of truck)*MANDATORY
- Experience and ability to drive up to a 26’ truc
- Must have a clean driving record and display good driving habit
- Team player, positive attitude and excellent problem solving abilitie
- Interact at a high level of professionalism with clients and colleagues to build and maintain positive, supportive and respectful relationship
- Ability to safely lift delicate and heavy furnitur
- Thoughtful and resourceful in stressful situations
- Self starter and strong attention to detai
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Computer skill
- Must have a reliable source of transportation especially for late night deliveries (as transit will not be available)
Must be available weekends, split shifts and late, late nights. Due to the nature of our business, the time of work will depend on the event bookings and delivery schedule.
This position is year round and part time.
Days can vary from a single task to a full day. Flexibility is key!
Please Note: This is a labor intensive position, so you must be physically able to work on your feet while lifting heavy objects for an 8 hour period, sometimes more.
How to apply:
Say hey! Please send an email to email@example.com to introduce yourself, send over a resume and any details you think we should know. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called.