Happy Friday! This week sped by, I can’t believe it’s time for another Feature Friday already. This week’s feature is one you were probably anticipating… Vintage Crates! They’re in weddings EVERYWHERE. And there’s a reason why… they’re so versatile (and stunning to boot). It was so difficult to narrow it down because there’s so many wonderful things you could do with them. So this one’s a mega list- we outdid ourselves this time!
1. I can’t get enough of these crates used as seating! What a great idea- and those cushions are kinda dreamy too- who doesn’t love some well placed pom poms? Maybe just let us know when you’re renting them what you have in mind though and we’ll make sure to get you the sturdy ones!
2. They also work so well as coffee tables! What a perfectly rustic area for cocktail hour!
3. How fun is this idea- a picnic wedding! Each family or group gets a vintage crate to set their champagne and goodies on. I’d like to be invited to a picnic wedding- so if you’re planning one. Put me on the list, ok?
4. While we’re on the topic of tables… You could use vintage crates to make a table- like this stunning drink station!
5. You could also use vintage crates in place of a table- like this bride did for her cakes! Yep, cakes! Look at how fun that kiddo cake is (or is it for the hubby?).
6. You can use them on any table to add height. We love how this dessert table uses a combination of crates and suitcases.
7. You can also put things in them… not just on top! Turn the crate on it’s side for an alternative to a cupcake tower!
8. Ready for the one you were expecting? Filled with flowers! You just can’t go wrong.
9. Here’s another way to put flowers in a vintage crate. I stared at this photo for way too long- I love the quirky vibe it has while looking perfectly put together. Plus- it’s such a display!
10. So maybe you don’t want to fill a whole box with flowers, why not flip it over and put the florals on top? We love the collected feeling this centrepiece has.
11. I’ve already spoken out against the gift wrapped box for cards… so here’s another option for you! Use a crate with a cute sign or bunting to collect cards from guests.
12. Another great option for cards is a sectioned crate- use it like mail slots!
13. What a fun treat for guests! Vintage style Coca Cola looks classy in a vintage sectioned crate. We will also never turn down any beverage with a paper straw.
14. Another sectioned crate idea- sunglasses for outdoor weddings! You could really put anything in these things. But this one is just too fun not to share.
15. How sweet is this sectioned crate to hold ceremony programs? It’s perfect for this backyard wedding.
16. Confetti! Well, tossing petals. But who doesn’t love to have a toss as the bride and groom celebrate their walk back up the aisle as a married couple? Gather all your toss cones in a vintage crate for guests to take as the enter the ceremony.
17. You could also use those vintage crates to hold warm blankets for guests as the weather cools throughout the night. These rolled bundles are just the sweetest!
18. A sweet reader commented on last week’s Feature Friday (Vintage Tool Caddy) that one would be fun near the dance floor holding flip flops. We couldn’t agree more! Vintage crates will do a fabulous job too.
19. We love a photo display as much as the next person, but this one? Dreamy. I love the little bitty shoes! Use crates stacked to create a display area for pretty much anything- but photos are a good start, everyone loves to see baby pictures and vintage wedding snaps of Grandma.
20. Speaking of displaying things in crates- These succulent favours look darling in vintage crates! You could stack as many as you need high to hold them.
21. A large crate is the perfect backdrop to display a seating arrangement! We love how simple this one is, using mini clothes pins.
22. If you’re opting for escort cards over a seating chart- you guessed it, crates work too! These copper place markers are planted in vintage crates full of moss (how clever!).
23. Paired with vintage doors (and lace), crates make an elegantly vintage backdrop for your wedding ceremony.
24. Last but certainly not least is this lovely. Vintage crates look stunning as a casual altar for a beach wedding. Wherever this is… I’d like to
go there live there. So pretty!
Wheew! Long list! Did we miss any that you’ve dreamed up? We’d love to hear from you! What’s your favourite? Mine might be this last one just because of the gorgeous scenery.