Happy Feature Friday! Today I’m bringing lots of inspiration for the classic milk glass vase! We totally love milk glass, and I’m sure after these 15 inspiration shots, you will too! Milk glass is coming back in a big way- we love the bright white against bright colours or with neutrals for a muted look… you really can’t go wrong with them. Ready for the big list?
1. If you are having an intimate wedding or you can collect enough- what a sweet favour they make filled with a single bloom! Even sweeter, they double as escort cards.
2. Scatter them everywhere with mixed blooms. They dress up a table holding programs at your ceremony.
3. I’m totally smitten with this idea. Everyone loves the soft glow of candlelight… why not use milk glass bud vases as taper holders? This makes for such an elegant table setting.
4. This outdoor elopement is magical. We love the wild flowers mixed with lace and milk glass. Grouping milk glass vases together makes a stunning table runner!
5. Bright white milk glass can be mixed with any colour- we love this modern take on the classic staple with bright yellow pops!
6. These footed milk glass bowls are the perfect addition to your dessert table full of macaroons.
7. Speaking of sweets… how darling is this sweets station! The milk glass were collected from antique stores to create this stunning table.
8. I’m a sucker for vintage books, so this stacked centrepiece steals my heart! The height the books add gives the centrepiece such a collected look.
9. The rustic stump tables are the perfect place to set some milk glass full of gorgeous spring blooms! This would make such a lovely ceremony alter.
10. Footed milk glass bowls and vases filled with wildflowers make for a lovely summer dessert table- mix and match is the name of the game!
11. Guyyys! This is my favourite, there’s something about the concrete backdrop and the mass of milk glass full of spring florals that I just can’t get enough of. You should probably do this (and invite me to your wedding so I can swoon over it!).
12. It’s unexpected, but I’m stunned at how lovely milk glass looks paired with mercury glass! Who would have known?
13. This option is so classic atop a vintage lace doily. You can never go wrong with lace, am I right?
14. How about collecting a group of milk glass and votives on a vintage silver platter for a collected but finished look? Perfect, right!?
15. Last, but not least… succulents make such a naturally gorgeous centrepiece. Planting them in footed milk glass bowls is an unexpected way to use the classic piece (and when unexpected details look THIS good, they’re a win).
So that’s our list! Like I said, I’m smitten with number eleven. What’s your favourite? Have you seen milk glass used in any unique ways we might have missed? We’d love to hear from you!
Also… that cover image is from a styled baby shower we participated in… that was featured on Style Me Pretty Living! You can check out the whole feature here.