Happy Friday! The last one before Christmas no less. Today we’re bringing you another installment of our newly named ‘Feature Friday’ and we’re talking ladders! Vintage ladders are so on-trend right now, they make a great addition to pretty much any style of wedding decor. And in all those different styles of decor there’s just as many ways that they can be used. Today we’re sharing 15 ways that we’ve seen them used (and LOVED).
1. Not only does this escort card display use lovely ladders (check out the whole feature, it’s a collection of three) but they use vintage crates to display them in! It’s a match made in heaven if you ask me.
2. This escort card display is part of a modern wedding. We love that they mixed vintage and modern- it works so incredibly well! By stringing twine across the ladder, you’re able to fit in tons of escort cards. This idea doesn’t just work for a modern wedding though. You can check out how this rustic wedding used the idea (using doilies!).
3. An alternative to individual escort cards is a classy seating chart. We love that this bride used vintage frames to show guests which table they are in.
4. Okay, so this is my favourite out of them all! This drink display is so darling- the colour of the drinks is striking. All this bride did was lay boards across the strungs of a vintage ladder to create shelves. Pretty clever, right?
5. This is another great way to use boards in ladders as a ‘shelf’. What a creative way to display your guestbook! Plus… check out that location!
6. In lieu of a slideshow or photo wall- why not display your childhoods and life together on a vintage ladder? We love this idea and all the cute frames they chose! Bonus points if you can sneak in a photo of your parents at their wedding. Instead of having a lot of photo frames on the ladder- you could also display one large collage on it like this bride did!
7. Isn’t this stunning! I just can’t get enough of this vintage ladder hung over a table to hold flowers- it’s like a chandelier! You could step this up and hang some votives as well. But really- would you need to step this up? It’s gorgeous.
8. This reception display uses a vintage ladder to bring some light to a dark corner of the outdoor reception. Those hydrangeas are swoon-worthy!
9. I know that we’re rounding up ways to USE vintage ladders in your wedding- but it’s okay to include something just for fun. Decorations don’t have to be dual purpose. We love that this bride used a vintage ladder to display their initials. Such cute details!
10. Okay, so how cute are these two! Since we’re talking pretty things- we love how this couple used a vintage ladder as a prop for their photos. Adorable.
11. For a spring wedding, we love wildflowers as favors. And what better way to display them then on twine strung on a vintage ladder! This display is so cheery.
12. Speaking of favors… this one isn’t a wedding- it’s actually a baby shower. But how CUTE is this favor display? Cupcakes and hanging flowers are just darling here.
13. Everyone loves a good photo booth! And these vintage hats to be used as props are to die for. This one might win most fun way to use a vintage ladder in your wedding!
14. Okay, this one is also not a wedding photo… but stay with me. We’re loving the trend of having pashminas or blankets for guests at outdoor weddings. We think displaying them on a vintage ladder like this blogger does in her home would be the perfect way to offer them to guests!
15. We’re ending the round up with a big one. Three vintage ladders we provided create a gorgeous arch for this outdoor wedding! The steps make the perfect place to add flowers to your arch. The florals can then be picked up and moved to reception tables! This was one of our favourite ceremony ‘arches’ to make!
There you have it! 15 ways we love vintage ladders in weddings. And if you’re looking for some to rent in the Vancouver area- you know we have you covered. Do you have any ideas we don’t have here? Let us know in the comments! Also let us know if there’s a vintage item from our inventory you’re eying but don’t know how to best display- we’d love to create a Feature Friday post around that item just for you!