We’re excited to announce a new series for you to look forward to! Feature Fridays will run every (you guessed it!) Friday and will feature an item from our inventory that we LOVE and some ideas on how to use it. Last week was technically the first installment with 14 Ways to Use a Vintage Suitcase, but now we’re putting a name to it!
Today we’re featuring our Vintage Podium. We love this thing- it has so much charm. Vintage podiums (although lovely) are a weird one because they’re not the typical rental item… what the heck do you do with it? We’ve got 7 ideas for you and your wedding!
Before I get going on our seven ideas… the photo in the background of that graphic is a close up of our lovely podium details! Here’s some shots of it without the text:
Isn’t she a beauty!? Hopefully this helps you visualize what we’re talking! Now… On to the list!
1. Use that sweet thang to hold your guest book. It’s the perfect height for guests to write a personal message to you. Please, please don’t make them hunch down and write at a banquet table!
2. Alright, so this idea might not be so unique- it’s probably what you first thought of when we said ‘podium’. BUT you do need something- why not make it cute? We love the idea of having a podium for outdoor weddings too where the mic might be cordless- it makes sure your guests will know where to look when that mic comes on! On that note… we were totally inspired by this BC wedding!
3. Why not give your officiant somewhere to stack all those papers? We’ve only ever seen officiants with a podium or stand of their own in fancy old churches. If your wedding isn’t there… you can still get the look!
4. So this might be my personal favourite idea. If you haven’t gotten married yet, you haven’t tried to walk around a small stage in a long flowy dress without getting tangled in the chair at the signing table. A podium is perfect if you don’t want to deal with sitting to sign.
5. We love creative displays of wedding favors. Make sure your guests don’t miss them by putting them at eye level on a lovely podium on the way in to your reception!
6. Okay, stay with me here. Of course this would be fabulous to have a seating chart displayed on. Guests could check it on their way in to the reception- BUT I’m dreaming of a ‘hostess’ to greet your guests and direct them to their tables. You could even have the hostess pour them a glass of red or white. How spoiled would your guests feel!?
7. If you don’t have someone assigned to hand out programs, you can still make sure every guest sees them by having them on a podium at the entrance to your ceremony. This thing is built to hold papers, so put it to work!
There you have it! 7 ways to use the cutest piece of vintage rental decor you’ve never heard of. For more information about our Vintage Podium, you can view it in our inventory. Do you have ideas on how to use this baby? We’d love if you shared your thoughts in the comments!