You know the saying by now, “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue”, and today we’re knocking ‘Something New’ off the list! If you’ve missed the first two, we started our Something Series with an introduction to the tradition (what the heck is it for!?) and then gave you 10 unique ideas for your Something Old. The tradition suggests good luck will be given to brides who wear or carry with them down the aisle these four things. Here’s our favourite suggestions for your Something New!
1. Your Dress! A vintage or borrowed dress may not be in the books for you, but it will certainly count as your Something New! (Photo credit: Dani K Johnson)
2. Jewellery. Just as we suggested vintage pieces for your jewellery, you could treat yourself to new earrings for your walk down the aisle. They could even be a gift from your soon-to-be-Mr. You could use a necklace, bracelet, or hairclip too! (Photo credit: Dani K Johnson)
3. A Veil. Why not get something new that is incredibly- You? Make a statement and check Something New off your list. (Photo credit Colleen Pastoor)
4. Shoes- You have to wear them, so make them do double duty as your Something New! (Photo credit Troi Crombie)
5. Garter! Or any of your undergarments, really! And I’ll bet no one will double check either, so you can treat yourself to the fanciest panties on the rack- after all, it’s your Something New! (Photo Credit Dani K Johnson)
The Something New category is a pretty big one. You could really go out and buy pretty much anything, but these are our top 5! Did we miss any that you might have included? I’m getting excited for something borrowed next month- we have so many fun ideas for you!